At david k lawyers we are a boutique property law firm which specializes in commercial acquisition and sales, leasing and property development.
Click each service to learn more
We have long standing and trusted relationships with landlords of all shapes and sizes, including owners of retail shopping centres, industrial facilities and commercial premises. david k lawyers provides services at all stages in the leasing process. We assist our clients with:
- Coordination of leasing campaigns and negotiating and preparation of heads of agreement/letters of offer
- Drafting and negotiating formal lease documentation, including disclosure documentation for retail leases
- Negotiating and documenting variations of lease terms
- Negotiating and documenting exercise of options and extensions
- Facilitating assignment and sub-leasing arrangements
- Engaging in enforcement and recovery action
We understand that successfully managing the leasing process is vital for maximising and sustaining value for property owners. We establish close relationships with each of our clients to ensure we find the right balance between risk and reward that addresses their commercial environment. Our team understands that successful leasing transactions are also dependent on the quality and speed of document negotiation, preparation and execution.
david k lawyers combines vast property industry experience with professional law services to ensure a smooth transaction for our property clients. We provide advice to a wide network of property clients including large and small scale property developers, property fund managers, owner occupiers, property investors and syndicates as well as owners of licenced venues. Our team understands that successful commercial property transactions are dependent on the quality and speed of document negotiation, preparation and execution and also the delivery of clear and concise advice and attention to detail in the due diligence process. We provide a wide range of services for commercial property acquisitions and sales across multiple asset types including:
- Acquisitions and disposals of commercial office buildings
- Acquisition and disposal of retail shopping centres
- Acquisition and disposal of hotels and licensed pubs
- Acquisition and disposal of industrial sheds and logistics warehouses
- Acquisition and disposal of service stations
We have significant experience in single-stage and multi-stage community title scheme developments and vacant land subdivisions. We provide advice at all stages of the process from acquisition of the developments site, development structure, off the plan contract preparation right through to plan registration, body corporate establishment and settlement of off the plan sale contracts. Our expertise and experience enables us to advise on:
- Mixed-use strata title developments with a combination of retail, commercial and residential schemes
- Residential apartment and townhouse community title scheme developments, including high-rise strata buildings and sale of proposed lots off the plan
- Residential vacant land subdivision, including reconfiguration of base parcel and staging of greenfield sites
- Management rights acquisitions and sales
We have an abundance of experience in residential, rural and commercial property conveyancing transactions in Queensland. Our thorough knowledge and meticulous attention to detail takes the risk out of purchasing or selling property. We provide advice at all stages of the transaction from negotiating the terms of the contracts of sale, right through to attending at settlement.
Our team understands that many people find conveyancing stressful, especially when you have limited free time. Our Conveyancing Team at David K Lawyers, aim to make a complicated process clear, straightforward and easy for you. Our conveyancing process is friendly, affordable, simple to follow, transparent, and stress-free. We do not have conveyancers handling conveyancing files, a qualified solicitor will handle the transaction from start to finish so you know that you are getting the best advice in a timely manner. We take a proactive approach with our conveyancing matters to ensure that they settle first time, on time, and go above and beyond to keep you well-informed throughout the transaction.
We have a thorough knowledge in the disposal and acquisition of a range of Businesses in Queensland. We have worked on many business sale and purchase transactions across a variety of industries including retail, franchising, professional services, medical, hospitality, real estate and commercial. We assist our clients with:
- Incorporating trading entities;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts of sale for business and freehold (if any);
- Reviewing lease terms;
- Facilitating assignment of established lease agreement;
- Coordinating the transfer of licences; and
- Advising on the transfer of the registered business name.
We understand that whether you are selling or buying a business, during the term of the contract you will likely be immersed in tuition for the business, accordingly, our energetic team will handle all of the legal process so that you can focus on the vital aspects of running a business.